Formwork structures have always been a highly hazardous item in the construction industry. Continuing failures of formworks in Singapore have raised considerable alarm in the industry, the government and the public.
To address these concerns, and to update an outdated Code of Practice for formwork, a Workgroup was formed in 2012 to develop a new Code of Practice, SS580.
This one-day course on formwork design and safety to revised standards and EuroCode aims to accomplish the following:
1) Provide background material to and useful information on improved standards in this area for this critical topic in workplace safety;
2) Present the basics of safe design of formwork structures and essential design requirements of SS580;
3) Describe significant parts of the new Code of Practice for Formwork SS580:2020 to facilitate its use by designers and constructors;
4) Review a number of failure of formworks in Singapore and abroad to convey an understanding of causes;
5) Discuss techniques to identify and evaluate the hazards, and manage the risks; and,
6) Offer practical guidelines for good practice in formwork design, erection, use, dismantling, inspection, and supervision.
The focus will be on basic concepts and procedures currently in use for formwork in the construction industry. Objectives will include identification of principal contributory factors to formwork failures and their underlying root causes, and discussing how the new Code can eliminate or alleviate the problems.
**Note that Code Practice has been updated from version 2012 to 2020**
**IES Virtual Classroom** (2 Days course)
Please click HERE for more course information & manual registration form.
For SFC Claim
For those who wants to use SFC, please choose "Pay Later" at payment page, and submit registration, do not proceed to credit card payment.
You will receive and "Outstanding" Invoice in your email. Use the "Outstanding"Invoice to claim with SFC directly. When doing the claim, do note to input the correct "Course Start Date" not "Course Run".
Screenshot of the claim and update course coordinator via email.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) Funding & SkillsFuture Credit Funding
** Must read Information for SFC/UTAP claim, please click HERE**
|SFC COURSE CODE:
|SFC CLAIM LINK:
3 STU (Structural) /2 STU (Safety) - Confirmed
4 SDU - Confirmed
6 PDU / Ceng - To be confirmed
|COORDINATOR CONTACT NO.:
||(DID) 64604241, (MAIN LINE) 64639211
Course Fees is inclusive of 8% GST.
E-Certificate of Attendance will be given to participants with 100% attendance and full course fee payment made.
For all individual paying participants (not sponsored by company), Must make payment 1 week before course date.
If payment is via cheque, the cheque should be made payable to IES ACADEMY PTE LTD and post it to IESA@JurongEast
Yet to be allocated