** Virtual Classroom Impact onto existing bridge within the influence zone of construction works and special ground conditions And Chemical Risk Assessment and Management at Worksite 1st Run on 17 & 18 Feb 2022 is accredited with 2 STU (Safety) & 6 STU(Structural), to register please click on the following link
** This course is NOT SFC funded **
** UTAP - In Application, subject to Approval
Part 1: Excavation and Construction Works for Building Basements and Civil Engineering Projects (Structural, 6 Hours)
The purpose of this course is to provide supervisory management and site personnel with an understanding of excavation and construction works commonly undertaken for building basements and civil engineering works in Singapore. It will include trench excavation for utilities, excavation for building basements and deep excavation for civil engineering projects like MRT stations.
The course is useful and relevant to developers, contractors, specialist builders, project managers, site supervisors, Resident Engineers, Resident Technical Officers, and those who are involved in building basement construction and infrastructural underground projects.
- Introduction to excavation and construction works and management within urbanized environment
- Types of earth-retaining structures (e.g flexible and rigid walls)
- Structural support systems (e.g struts and anchors)
- Excavation and construction sequence (e.g top-down and bottom-up)
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Construction effects and common problems
- Obligatory requirements relating to excavation works
Profile of Speaker
Er. Yang Kin Seng was a former Director with the Building and Construction Authority, regulating and overseeing the safety of buildings and geotechnical building works under construction in Singapore, and headed the Singapore Geological Office. Er. Yang has also served with the now-defunct Public Works Department as Assistant Chief Civil Engineer, Head (Roads, Planning and Design) and Head of Geotechnical Engineering, Site Investigation, Instrumentation and Laboratories. His involvement in civil, building and infrastructural projects ranges from roads, flyovers, bridges and expressways, including Changi Airport development, construction of schools and CTE tunnels, to parks and government buildings, as well as overseas projects in China and Brunei. He was the Chief Project Manager (Singapore) for the Singapore-Malaysia Second Crossing. He has published more than 40 papers in International conferences and seminars, and peer-reviewed journals. Er. Yang was awarded Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 1998.
Er. Yang was a Colombo Plan Scholar, and graduated with BEng (First Class Hons) in Civil Engineering from University of Melbourne and a recipient of Trinity College Scholarship, CWN Sexton Scholarship, AJ Francis Prize and an Exhibition Prize. Er. Yang was also a Commonwealth Scholar, and obtained MSc (Distinction) in Soil Mechanics and Engineering Seismology and awarded the Soil Mechanics Prize from Imperial College London. He also obtained MSc (Civil Eng) from NUS, and LLB (Hons) from University of London.
Er. Yang co-chaired the SPRING (Singapore) Eurocodes Review Advisory Committee, and the Technical Committee on Civil and Geotechnical Works. He is a Professional Engineer and a Specialist Professional Engineer registered with the Professional Engineers’ Board, and a Specialist Accredited Checker whilst in Building and Construction Authority. Er. Yang has been conducting many courses for industry practitioners at the BCA Academy since 2007, as well as for IES, ACES and corporates.
Part 2: Effective Worksite Safety and Health Practice (Safety, 4 Hours)
The objective of this module is to inculcate Effective Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) mindsets through lectures, interactive sharing and group discussions. The module will increase awareness of effective risk management within a construction worksite, enabling participants to better manage safety and fire safety on site.
- Legislative Requirements for Risk Assessment and Management at worksite
- Understanding Job Hazard Analysis, Risk Identification, Risk Analysis, and Risk Evaluation
- Developing Work Procedure, Safe Work Procedure, Safe Work Method Statement
- Control of Fire Safety Related Works & Documentation
Profile of Speaker
Associate Professor, Dr. SIN Siang-Meng, Ivan is currently the program chair professor for the MSc (Safety, Health & Environmental Technology) with the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore. As a certified and experienced emergency operation commander, crisis-emergency planner, fire-explosion Investigator, business continuity practitioner, Dr. SIN comes with more than 28 years of experience in government services and industry practices with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Consultant Firm as Head (Hazardous Materials Program), Assistant Director (Crisis & Contingency Planning), Regional Head (EHSS & Business Resilience), and Consultant to projects. His areas of interest are in organization & business resilience, enterprise risk & resource management, corporate crisis and emergency management, business continuity & recovery management, workplace safety & health management, and chemical & process safety management. He is actively involved in various capacities with professional organizations such as the Fire Safety Managers’ Association of Singapore (FSMAS), Society of Loss Prevention for Process Industries (SLP), Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE-UK), Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE-UK), Association of Company Emergency Response Teams Singapore (A-CERTS), and Technical Committee/Workgroups of ESG Singapore Standards.
Prior to attending this course, you should:
· Have a PC / laptop / tablet / smart phone with built-in or external webcam.
· Installed the zoom client
· Have Wi-Fi / high speed internet connection available.
· Receive an email with a link for you to submit a registration for webinar 1 week prior to the commencement.
· Receive an email with a link and password for you to join the webinar session after your registration is successful.
Please click HERE For Flyer
1. UTAP - In Application, subject to Approval
2. SFC - This course is NOT SFC Supported
10 PDU - Confirmed
10 SDU - To Be Confirmed
2 STU(Safety) - Confirmed
6 STU(Structural) - Confirmed
1. Fee inclusive of GST & e-Course Materials
2. e-Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance.
3. If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to :"IES Academy Pte Ltd" and mail to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
4. Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated