While we are aware that it is not the responsibility of the architect/designer to maintain the facility upon its completion, this is not fully appreciated during the design process. When design decisions are made without regard to the maintenance perspective, it can often lead to a facility that incurs more cost to maintain or that has components that simply cannot be maintained. As facilities are completed, the owner's maintenance responsibilities begin and increase with the ageing of the facilities. The lack of maintainability is sometimes further aggravated by man power shortage and budget reductions.
Given the maintenance issues that can arise, a fundamental understanding that facilities can be designed to be more maintainable will lead to lower cost of operation and higher safety during the entire building life.
The objective of this course is to provide all stakeholders of a project the understanding and techniques when designing a facility to achieve high maintainability and productivity post construction.
- System performs as required over the lifecycle to satisfy mission
- System conforms to design intent and performs as planned
- System remains functional for intended lifetime, environment, operating conditions and usage
- System is tolerant to faults, failures and other anomalous internal and external events
- System is designed to have an acceptable level of availability and maintainability demand
- To facilitate an integrated design and verify compliance to Reliability Centered Maintenance approach
- To conduct cost-benefit analysis of options, explore innovative solutions to enhance Maintainability scores
- To coordinate the documentation process necessary for smooth certification and implementation
- To understand the importance of maintainable FM and whole Life Cost of Assets will enable value creation and Green Productivity in the built environment
Please click HERE for course flyer.
1) For information on SkillsFuture(SFC), please click HERE
2) SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Funded Course code: TGS-2021006023
Please click on this link https://www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg/content/portal/en/training-exchange/course-directory/course-detail.html?courseReferenceNumber=TGS-2021006023 to claim your skillsfuture credit for this course.
3) Please send us a screenshot or photo of your Claim ID and amount claimed.
4) Login with IES account to register a seat and select “Pay Later” when you check out, if you are claiming Skills Future.
7 PDU (SCEM) / 7 PDU (PEB) / 7 PDU (CEng) - Confirmed
|| Jessie Tan (Ms)
|Coordinator contact no.:
|| 6461 1250 / 6463 9211
- Limited seats available (first-come-first -served basis).
Course Fees is inclusive of GST, course materials
Certificate of Attendance will be given to participants with 100% attendance
If payment is via cheque, the cheque should be made payable to
IES ACADEMY PTE LTD
Yet to be allocated