The course aims to provide participants with a thorough knowledge and understanding of how standby power generating systems operates through an automatic transfer switch monitors the AC voltage coming from the utility line for power failure conditions.
Upon detection of an outage for a pre-determined period of time, the standby generator is started. After the generator is speed up to the rated speed, the load is transferred from the utility to the generator. Upon return of the utility feed, the load is switched back and the generator is stopped.
Once this basic concept is understood, various standby power supply options will be examined and discussed. Thereafter, selection of a suitable generating set and determination of its output and input power and therefore the engine output in HP can be calculated and determined.
Other topics of importance such as electrical equipment of diesel engine, engine cooling and engine room ventilation requirements, air requirements without engine cooling air, generator’s waste heat, combustion air, fuel oil supply to diesel engine, daily service tank, storage tank, fuel pumps, electrical switchgear and automatic control panel will be fully discussed.
- Effects of utility power failure
- Standby power supply options
- The classic standby power system using an engine generator set
- The dual utility feeder system
- Dual utility feeder system with bus-tie interlocking circuit breaker
- Peak power sharing
- Selection of suitable generating set
- Determination of output power
- Governing the speed of a generating set
- Electrical equipment of diesel engine
- Engine room requirements
- Engine cooling requirements
- Engine room ventilation
- Fuel oil supply to diesel engine generating set
- Electrical switch gear and control panel
- The schematic single line wiring diagram of control arrangement of main contactor and generator contactor
Please click HERE for the course flyer.
No funding supported
Joel Chua (Mr)
|Coordinator email address:
Fee inclusive of GST, course materials & light refreshments.
Limited seats available (first-come-first -served basis).
Certificate of Attendance will be given to participants with 100% attendance.
If payment via Cheque, it should be made payable to: "IES Academy Pte Ltd"
Yet to be allocated