The Code of Practice for Lightning Protection SS555: Parts 1 to 4, 2018 is a very comprehensive code of practice for the design, installation and maintenance of lightning protection systems. It is aligned to the IEC 62305: Parts 1 to 4, 2010 international standard on protection against lightning. Building and Construction Authority (BCA) has mandated that with effect from 1 May 2019, developments whose building plans are submitted on or after the date must comply with the relevant requirements in SS555:2018. In December 2020, an Amendment No. 1 was also issued for SS555:Part 3:2018
This course aims at providing the participants with a clear understanding of the effects of lightning and what can or cannot be done to alleviate its effects. The rationale for the recommendations of the Code is then explained.
The 4 parts of SS555:2018 are as follows:
1) Part 1: General principles - provides fundamental guiding principles on lightning protection for installations.
2) Part 2: Risk management – introduces comprehensive risk management concepts to help users make a more informed decision in selecting the most appropriate lightning protection measures.
3) Part 3: Physical damage to structure and life hazard - elaborates on the requirements to reduce physical damage and life hazard within the vicinity of a structure with the increasing height, size and complexity of building structures.
4) Part 4: Electrical and electronic systems within structures – provides guidelines for the design, installation, inspection, maintenance and testing of Lightning Electromagnetic Pulse (LEMP) protection systems for electrical and electronic systems and equipment used in building structures.
The course aims to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the Code of Practice with explanations backed by basic electrical engineering theory.
Note – Participants taking this course must bring their own copy of the Code of Practice SS555:2018.
Please click HERE for course flyer.
||7 PDU (PEB) / 7 PDU (CEng) / 8 CET Hours (All Confirmed)
||Jessie Tan (Ms)
|Coordinator contact no.:
||6461 1250 / 6463 9211
- Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment (first-come-first-served basis)
- Course Fees is inclusive of GST, course materials, Halal lunch and tea breaks
- Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance
- If payment is via cheque, the cheque should be made payable to IES ACADEMY PTE LTD and mail/post to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
Yet to be allocated