VIRTUAL CLASSROOM LEARNING using Zoom Webinar
Prior to attending this course, you should:
- Have a PC / laptop / tablet / smart phone with built-in or external webcam.
- Installed the zoom client
- Have Wi-Fi / high speed internet connection available.
- Receive an email with a link for you to submit a registration for webinar 1 week prior to the commencement.
- Receive an email with a link and password for you to join the webinar session after your registration is successful.
1. Supervision and Monitoring of Deep Excavation Works for Building Basements and Civil Engineering Projects (6 Hours)
The purpose of this course is to provide supervisory management and site personnel on the understanding and appreciation on supervising and monitoring of deep excavation works for basement and civil engineering projects in Singapore. It will include regulations and practices on deep excavations. Failures and problems associated with deep excavations and their supporting systems will also be highlighted.
The course is useful and relevant to developers, contractors, specialist builders, project managers, site supervisors, Resident Engineers, Resident Technical Officers, and those who are involved in building basement construction and infrastructural underground projects.
- Risk management of deep excavation works
- Regulations, codes and guidelines on excavation works
- Supervision and control of deep excavation works
- Retaining, supporting and protective systems
- Problems of groundwater
- Failures and problems associated with deep excavation
- Ground deformation and damage to structures
- Instrumentation and monitoring
Profile of Speaker
Er. Yang Kin Seng has served nearly 40 years of public service. He was a Director with the Building and Construction Authority, regulating and overseeing the safety of building and geotechnical building works in Singapore, and headed the Singapore Geological Office. Er. Yang has also served with the former Public Works Department as Assistant Chief Civil Engineer, Head (Roads, Planning and Design), and Head of Geotechnical Engineering, Site Investigation, Instrumentation and Materials Laboratories. His involvement in civil, building and infrastructural projects ranges from bridges, tunnels, roads and expressways, including Changi Airport development and CTE tunnels, to parks, schools, government buildings, and underground space development, as well as overseas projects in China and Brunei. He was the Chief Project Manager (Singapore) for the Singapore-Malaysia Second Crossing. He has published more than 40 papers for peer-reviewed journals, international conferences and seminars. He has introduced the A95 parameter which is widely computed to evaluate strong ground motion seismic records since 1987. Er. Yang was awarded Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 1998.
Er. Yang was a Colombo Plan Scholar, and graduated with BEng (First Class Hons) in Civil Engineering from University of Melbourne and a recipient of Trinity College Scholarship, CWN Sexton Scholarship, AJ Francis Prize and an Exhibition Prize.
Er. Yang was also a Commonwealth Scholar, and obtained MSc with Distinction in Soil Mechanics and Engineering Seismology, awarded the Soil Mechanics Prize and DIC from Imperial College London. He also obtained MSc (Civil Eng) from NUS, and LLB (Hons) from University of London. He was a graduate with Top Army Award of Singapore Command and Staff Course, and a SAF NSmen of the Year Award Winner.
Er. Yang co-chaired the SPRING (Singapore) Eurocodes Review Advisory Committee, and the Technical Committee on Civil and Geotechnical Works. He is a Professional Engineer and a Specialist Professional Engineer registered with the Professional Engineers’ Board, and a Specialist Accredited Checker whilst in Building and Construction Authority.
Er. Yang has been conducting training for industry practitioners at the BCA Academy since 2007, as well as for IES, ACES and corporates. He has also helped iNPQS to develop the national specification for civil and structural aspects on a cloud-based platform.
2. Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Risk Management and Incident Investigation (4 hours)
The objective of this module is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to implement and improve on WSH risk management as well as to carry out an effective incident investigation. The mode of delivery will include lectures, activities, and group discussions.
- Singapore’s legislative requirements for Risk Management and Incident Reporting.
- Risk management process and methodologies.
- Risk control strategies
- Incident management process and methodologies.
Profile of Facilitator
Assistant professor Loh Tzu Yang is currently the co-director for the Master of Science in Safety Health and Environmental Technology with the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore. Dr. Loh has more than a decade of experience in regional safety leadership functions for different companies in the private sector. He obtained his Master of Science in Safety Health and Environmental Technology from the National University of Singapore and his Doctor of Philosophy in Maritime Engineering at the University of Tasmania (Australia) under the Antarctic Gateway Partnership Scholarship Programme. His current research interest lies in the area of risk analysis, with a focus on fuzzy system dynamics. Dr. Loh is also a certified industrial hygienist (CIH) under the board for global EHS credentialing (USA) as well as a registered workplace safety and health officer under the Ministry of Manpower.
This course will benefit stakeholders in middle-management (especially Resident Engineers, Resident Technical Officers and Resident Architects) who are involved in some form of supervisory work
Please click HERE for flyer
- This course is UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme) - FUNDED
- This course is NOT SFC( SkillsFuture Credit) Supported
2 STU(Safety) & 6 STU(Structural) - Confirmed
10 PDU - To Be Confirmed
10 PDU(CEng) - To Be Confirmed
This Course DO NOT have SDU
1. Fee inclusive of GST & e-Course Materials
2. e-Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance.
3. If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to :"IES Academy Pte Ltd" and mail to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
4. Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated