This Competency Requirement document specifies the performance criteria, underpinning knowledge, range and context for the design, training and assessment of the Perform Design for Safety Professionals Duties Course. Learners of this course will gain the knowledge and skills for fulfilling the roles of the construction in accordance with the Guideline on Design for Safety and Health in Buildings and Structures.
The skill and knowledge learnt during this course are likely to be applied in the following activities:
- Facilitate Design Review Process that involves the relevant stakeholders to identify and address safety and health risks associated with construction project.
- Maintain records of safety and health issues arising from the Design Review Process and actions taken.
- Coordinate the flow of relevant safety and health information among all stakeholders of a construction project at appropriate time.
a) Be registered Professional Engineer with the Professional Engineers Board (PEB), or registered Architect with the Board of Architects (BOA) Singapore, with practicing certificate;
b) Have 10 years relevant experience in the design (at least 5 years in design which includes contributions to designs, writing specifications) and the supervision of the construction of structures, and degree accepted by PEB or BOA, or construction-related degree accepted by the Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV) or Society of Project Managers (SPM) and have safety and health experience
||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
||Written Report (WR)
||Submit within 4 weeks upon completion of classroom training and pass assessment 1.
This is an individual project to be completed outside the course schedule.
Report must be submitted in full.
Who is it for?
· Professional Engineers, Designers, Architects, Project Managers, Surveyors and other professionals.
Class Size: Maximum 20 pax
Please Click HERE for course flyer
Please click HERE to submit registration. (Registration closed)
||WSHC, SkillsFuture SG(SSG) & SkillsFuture Credit(SFC)
4 STU(Safety) (Confirmed), 12 PDU, 12 CEng (PDU) & 14 SDU, 2 CPD (To be confirmed)
|Coordinator Contact no.:
• Application form and document are to be sent, or upload for enrollment assessment.
• Certificate of Attendance will be given to the participants who have achieved 75% attendance of the entitle course.
• Only candidates who are assessed as competent in Assessment 1 will be invited to submit the project report for Assessment 2.
• Certificate of Completion will be issued only if participants are assessed to be competent in Assessment 2.
*SSG Fund and eligibility criteria
1. Payment type: - Nett Fee
2. Training organization name: -IES ACADEMY PTE LTD
3. Course Fee and Absentee Payroll Funding and eligibility please click here.
4. Trainee must have achieved at least 75% attendance.
5. The trainee must have sat for and passes all the assessments or the trainee will have to pay back the funded amount to the training provider if the assessment result is “Not Yet Competent”.
6. For participants under self-sponsor please approach the course coordinator for more information on Skillsfuture SG (SSG) Fund and SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Fund.
7. Training provider will submit the grant application via SSG Training Provider Gateway.
8. You may click here for Terms and Conditions for funding.
Yet to be allocated