Dr. Boh Jaw Woei / Ms Angie Ng
30 Registered Members
A. Objectives of the AER
- To facilitate the mobility and professional practice of its engineers within the ASEAN ambit by establishing a framework of mutual recognition qualifications amongst the ASEAN member countries whereby AER engineers who wish to practice outside of their home country may carry with them an approved and recognized professional qualifications;
- To safeguard and promote the professional interests of engineers;
- To establish a database of the capability profile of the individual engineers in order that prospective employers from member countries may engage their services;
- To uphold the quality and standing of its Engineers by facilitating and implementing continuous improvement through the setting, monitoring and reviewing of standards;
- To promote cultural and professional links among members of the engineering profession within ASEAN;
- To enhance the wealth creation process of ASEAN countries.
B. AER Admission Requirements
(based on proceedings approved at CAFEO24 on 30 Nov 2006)
The minimum requirements for an applicant to be admitted into the AER are as stated below:
C. ASEAN Engineers Code of Practice
- MUST possess an Engineering Degree recognised by IES;
- MUST be a full time member of IES and licensed to practice engineering in Singapore;
- MUST have a minimum of seven (7) years of post-graduate professional working experience in an engineering environment, of which two (2) years of experience must involve a position-in-charge of significant works;
- MUST maintain his professional development at an acceptable level;
- MUST agree to be guided by the ASEAN Engineers Code of Practice.
- Code of Ethics
- Accreditation Procedure
- Professional Assessment Examinations
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Policy Statement of Design Code and Standards: addressing the Essential Requirements such as Safety, Health and the Environment for human, animals, plants and properties.
D. AER Application Procedure
Kindly complete the application form and submit it together with two (2) copies of a recent passport photograph with your name written at the back of the photographs, along with the required remittance for the Entrance Fee & Subscription Fee to IES. IES mailing address as follow:
AER Country Register
c/o The Institution of Engineers, Singapore
70 Bukit Tinggi Road
On successful registration with the AER, you will then be provided with a username and password to update your database comprising your personal particulars, your experience and capability profile. This database will be open to 'searches' on the world wide web.
E. Entrance Fee & Subscription Fee Details
Entrance Fee: USD 15.00
Life Membership Subscription: USD200.00
Total Fees Payable: USD 215.00
Cheque payment should be crossed and made payable to ‘IES’. Please write your name at the back of your payment document. Kindly ensure cheque payment is submitted together with the application form.
Singapore Country Registrar
For enquires regarding the ASEAN Engineers Register (AER), please contact our Country Registrar / Alt. Country Registrar:
Dr. Boh Jaw Woei / Ms Angie Ng
AER Application Form