Piling Works, Design & Testing Following Eurocodes and Safety & Your Legal Obligations 10th Run will be conducting on 17 & 18 Aug 2022 via virtual and Physical, please click on the following link for more information.
1) For information on UTAP & SkillsFuture(SFC) please click HERE
2) Please CHOOSE 'PAY LATER" AT CHECK OUT if you wish to allocate SFC to offset the course fee
4) Upon Allocation of SFC, please screenshot or take picture of the following and email to Karen@iesnet.org.sg
- Course Date
- Course Title
- Claim ID
- Claim Amount
Prior to attending this course, you should:
- Have a PC / laptop / tablet / smart phone with built-in or external webcam.
- Installed the zoom client
- Have Wi-Fi / high speed internet connection available.
- Receive an email with a link for you to submit a registration for webinar 1 week prior to the commencement.
- Receive an email with a link and password for you to join the webinar session after your registration is successful.
Part 1 Piling Works, Standards and Specification (3 Hours)
- Types of Piles
- Execution standards and specification
- Testing of piles
- Inspection, checking ground conditions and construction
- Communication and reporting
Part 2: Piling Practices, Design and Testing (3 Hours)
The course will include ultimate limit state and service limit state design aspects of axially loaded and laterally loaded piles following Eurocodes.
- Course Outline
- Piling local practices
- Design considerations
- Axially loaded piles
- Laterally loaded piles
Profile of Speaker
Er. Yang Kin Seng was a former Director with the Building and Construction Authority, regulating and overseeing the safety of buildings and geotechnical building works under construction in Singapore, and headed the Singapore Geological Office. Er. Yang has also served with the now-defunct Public Works Department as Assistant Chief Civil Engineer, Head (Roads, Planning and Design) and Head of Geotechnical Engineering, Site Investigation, Instrumentation and Laboratories. His involvement in civil, building and infrastructural projects ranges from roads, flyovers, bridges and expressways, including Changi Airport development, construction of schools and CTE tunnels, to parks and government buildings, as well as overseas projects in China and Brunei. He was the Chief Project Manager (Singapore) for the Singapore-Malaysia Second Crossing. He has published more than 40 papers in International conferences and seminars, and peer-reviewed journals. Er. Yang was awarded Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 1998.
Er. Yang was a Colombo Plan Scholar, and graduated with BEng (First Class Hons) in Civil Engineering from University of Melbourne and a recipient of Trinity College Scholarship, CWN Sexton Scholarship, AJ Francis Prize and an Exhibition Prize. Er. Yang was also a Commonwealth Scholar, and obtained MSc (Distinction) in Soil Mechanics and Engineering Seismology and awarded the Soil Mechanics Prize from Imperial College London. He also obtained MSc (Civil Eng) from NUS, and LLB (Hons) from University of London.
Er. Yang co-chaired the SPRING (Singapore) Eurocodes Review Advisory Committee, and the Technical Committee on Civil and Geotechnical Works. He is a Professional Engineer and a Specialist Professional Engineer registered with the Professional Engineers’ Board, and a Specialist Accredited Checker whilst in Building and Construction Authority. Er. Yang has been conducting many courses for industry practitioners at the BCA Academy since 2007, as well as for IES, ACES and corporates.
Part 3: Safety & Your Legal Obligations (4 Hours)
- Get a refresher on the safety related statutory duties imposed on RE/RTOs and PEs under the Building Control Act and Regulations
- Learn about the latest amendments to the Building Control Act 2020
- Understand how to mitigate and manage the requirements of the Building Control Act
- Learn about your construction related tortious duties under the common law
- Understand how to mitigate and manage the legal standards under the common law
As professionals and business men, you are used to risk taking in projects and at the work place. As risky as it is doing the design for a 40 storey mega project, practitioners are sometimes faced with a different type of risk: LEGAL DUTIES
This module will equip participants with the necessary tools to understand and manage the safety standards and risks imposed on them under the law
- 1. Building Control Act & 2020 Amendments
- a. Building Control Regulations 2003
- b. Building Control (Temporary Buildings) Regulations
- c. Building Control (Inspection of Building) Regulation
- i. Statutory duties imposed on RE/RTOs
- ii. Statutory duties imposed on PEs
- iii. Penalties and Consequences
- iv. Mitigating circumstances
- 2. Common law duties on safety
- a. Law of negligence – latest developments
- b. Law of confidentiality
- c. Law on corruption
- d. Changing legal standards
CV OF SPEAKER
Ms Sangeetha Pusphanathan was called to the Singapore Bar in 2008 (Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore) after obtaining her law degree from the National University of Singapore in 2007 and also making it to the top 20 of the bar exams. She was also awarded the F.A. Chua Prize for the best student in criminal procedure during the bar exams.
She is currently working as a data privacy lawyer for a multi-national European company. Formerly, she held the role of Deputy General Counsel and was employed with the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) where she has advised on and reviewed building control laws, prosecuted building control offences, and involved in legislative amendments to several BCA legislationalso has private sector experience in both the petrochemical industry as well as banking and financial sector.
With her sound knowledge of local laws, she conducted annual core competency legal training workshops for 6 years straight in BCA for engineers and staff on various aspects.
In her free time, Sangeetha hosts events and forums.
Her natural vibrant personality, cheerful disposition and bevy of examples keep her workshops engaging, fun and a mark above the rest!
Please click HERE For Flyer
- Information on SFC & UTAP - Please click HERE
2. UTAP Funded
3. SFC Supported (Click on following link to allocate SFC)
- 10 PDU - Confirmed
- 2 STU(Safety) - Confirmed
- 6 STU(Structural) - Confirmed
- This course DO NOT HAVE SDU Points
1. Fee inclusive of GST & e-Course Materials
2. e-Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance.
3. If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to :"IES Academy Pte Ltd" and mail to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
4. Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated