IES Preparation Course for PPE Examination Part 2 – Mechanical Engineering – Cold and Hot Water Services & Sanitary Plumbing Systems within Buildings
The Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical) has been implemented since 2007. The paper aims to examine candidates on their proficiency in the practice of mechanical engineering at a professional level. Candidates are expected to have a good knowledge of the regulatory requirements and practices in Singapore. In particular, knowledge is required in the areas of regulatory frameworks, submission and approval procedures, statutory acts and regulations, practice guidelines and codes of practices.
The course aims to equip participants and interested parties with knowledge in the field of: Cold and Hot Water Services & Sanitary Plumbing Systems within Buildings, which are two of the topics in the syllabus of the PPE Examinations Part 2. Salient points and working knowledge of the relevant regulations, by-laws, Acts and accepted/approved codes of practices, circulars issued by the Authorities will be covered in this preparatory course.
Course Outline / Outcomes
- Preparations for the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical)
- Salient points of CP 48: Code of practice for Water Services
- Public Utilities (Water Supply) Regulations
- Design considerations for Cold and Hot Water Services within Buildings
- Working examples for Cold and Hot Water Services within Buildings from past questions from the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical)
- Salient points of the Code of practice for Sewerage and Sanitary works
- Sewerage and Drainage (Sanitary Works and Sewerage Works) Regulations
- Design considerations for Sanitary Plumbing Systems within Buildings
- Working examples for Sanitary Plumbing Systems within Buildings from past questions from the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical)
Any interested parties but this course will benefit individuals who are aspiring to be professional engineers and participants who are preparing for the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2
Profile of Trainer
Er. Christopher John Eng
B.A.Sc (Mechanical Engineering), cum laude
Professional Engineer (Mechanical Engineering)
Er. Christopher John Eng is currently a Principal Engineer at CASY Engineering Consultancy Pte Ltd. He graduated cum laude with a Baccalaureate in Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Ottawa, Canada in 2006.
Er. Eng has over 10 years of experience in the built environment sector, having served in both the private and public sector. After graduation, he joined a private firm as a Product Engineer before joining a local consultant practice in 2010, where he was a Senior Engineer handling M&E building service designs for residential, commercial, institutional and industrial projects. He joined the Building and Construction Authority in 2015, carrying out regulatory enforcement and inspections of Transit Shelters, Amusement Rides, and Lifts & Escalators, before returning to the private sector in 2020 with CASY Engineering Consultancy Pte Ltd, where he handles M&E consultancy for building services, and conducts inspections for Gas pipelines, Amusement Rides, Lifts & Escalators and Fire Certification.
Please click HERE for the flyer
Pending for Approval
Union Training Assistance Programme(UTAP) and SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)
14 CETs- To Be Confirmed
- Fee inclusive of GST, Course Materials and meals
- Meals: Dinners
3. Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance.
4. If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to :"Engineers Singapore Pte Ltd" and mail to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
5. Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated