As per regulation set by JAC of maximum of 8 hours of study(excluding Meal times) per day hence this 10-hour course awarded with 2 STU(Safety) & 6 STU(Structural) course is conducted over 2 days.
Due to Space limitation at website which can show 1 timing, please note that this is a 2-day programme:
Date: 30 Nov & 1 Dec 2022, Wednesday & Thursday
Time: 30 Nov 2022 via zoom(Virtual) from 3.00pm to 6.00pm
1 Dec 2022 at Orchard Hotel Singapore(Physical) 9.00am to 6.00pm with Buffet Lunch at Cafe worth $82++)
Impact onto existing bridge within the influence zone of construction works and special ground conditions (Structural, 6 Hours)
The purpose of the course is to provide an understanding of the possible impact onto bridge structures within the influence zones of the construction works and special ground conditions.
- (1) A brief introduction to common bridge types and elements
- (2) Basic instrumentation and monitoring to the bridge
- (3) Types of works affecting the bridge with case studies
- (4) Types of special ground conditions affecting the bridge with case
- (5) Structural Impact assessment to the bridge
- (6) Actions and Mitigation measures
- (7) Q&A
Profile of Trainer
Boon Fei is a registered Singapore Professional Engineer. She has won a Design and Engineering Safety Excellence Award from Building Construction Authority for her Sentosa Boardwalk Project and ACES Excellence Design Award for Keppel Viaduct Widening.
She acts as Qualified Person (Permanent Work Design), Professional Engineer and Superintending Officer for several Singapore infrastructure projects.
Boon Fei has 24 years of engineering design and project management experiences relating to bridges, underground cut and cover tunnels, marine infrastructures, buildings (low and high rise residential, industrial commercial), process and chemical plants (oil/gas/chemical complexes and odour treatment plant) and major temporary works in Singapore and overseas.
Effective Chemical Risk Assessment and Management at Worksite (Safety, 4 hours)
The objective of this module is to inculcate Effective Chemical Risk Assessment and Management mindsets through lectures, interactive sharing and group discussions. The module will increase awareness of effective risk assessment procedures dealing with chemicals and the management approaches within a construction worksite, enabling participants to better manage chemical safety on site.
- Legislative Requirements for Risk Assessment and Management at worksite
- Understanding Chemical Risk Assessment (CRA)
- Developing Chemical Risk Register, Control Measures, Safe Operating Procedure
- Control of Chemical Safety Related Works & Documentation
Profile of Trainer
Associate Professor, Dr. SIN Siang-Meng, Ivan is currently the program chair professor for the MSc (Safety, Health & Environmental Technology) with the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore. As a certified and experienced emergency operation commander, crisis-emergency planner, fire-explosion Investigator, business continuity practitioner, Dr. SIN comes with more than 28 years of experience in government services and industry practices with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Consultant Firm as Head (Hazardous Materials Program), Assistant Director (Crisis & Contingency Planning), Regional Head (EHSS & Business Resilience), and Consultant to projects. His areas of interest are in organization & business resilience, enterprise risk & resource management, corporate crisis and emergency management, business continuity & recovery management, workplace safety & health management, and chemical & process safety management. He is actively involved in various capacities with professional organizations such as the Fire Safety Managers’ Association of Singapore (FSMAS), Society of Loss Prevention for Process Industries (SLP), Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE-UK), Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE-UK), Association of Company Emergency Response Teams Singapore (A-CERTS), and Technical Committee/Workgroups of ESG Singapore.
- This is a blended course comprising 3 hours of zoom session and 7 hours of physical course at hotel.
- This course is UTAP Supported
- This course DOES NOT award SDU points
- All Attendees must be fully vaccinated in order to attend the physical course at hotel. There will be no refunds of any course fees should the attendee be denied entry to the hotel due to incomplete vaccination statusIt is recommended that participants join the course on a 12-inch or larger screen in order to view clearly the text and photos in the presentation materials.ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO KEEP WEBCAM OR CAMERA TURNED ON DURING 3-hours of zoom, FAILING OF WHICH THE E-CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE WILL NOT BE ISSUED and names will not be submitted to relevant Agencies /Board)
1) For information on UTAP & SkillsFuture(SFC) please click HERE
2) SkillsFuture Credit(SFC) can only allocate up to 60 days prior to event date hence please only allocate SFC from 30 Sept 2022(Reserve seat now and allocate SFC only after 30 Sept)
5) Upon allocation of SFC(with ''Approved" shown on top right corner") please screenshot or take picture of the following and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Course Date B. Course Title C. Claim Amount D.Claim ID(has 10 numbers starts with 200xxxxxxx)
Please click HERE for course flyer and registration form.
Union Training Assistance Programme(UTAP) - APPROVED
SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) - TGS-2022013835
2 STU(Safety) & 6 STU(Structural) - Confirmed
10 PDU(PEB & CEng) - Confirmed
This course DO NOT HAVE SDU points
|| Karen Phua
|Coordinator Contact No.
|| 6463 9211 / 6461 1239
- Fee inclusive of GST, course materials &
- Coffee Breaks & 1 Lunch at Cafe.
- Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance (on both days).
- If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to :"IES Academy Pte Ltd" and mail to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
- Hotel will be Orchard Hotel Singapore or Similar Class
- Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated