The success and safe delivery of a construction project depends largely on the effectiveness of the project manager and the project team members who are involved in the project. Being key members of the project team, it is important for the Engineer and RTO to acquire the knowledge and skills of project management, so that they will be able to work closely with the Project Manager and contribute positively to the success and safe delivery of the projects.
To achieve good quality construction works, it is important for the engineer to be able to manage the design process and supervise the construction work on site effectively. This course will also cover the effective management of design process by the engineer and effective supervision of construction works by the RE and RTO.
Apart from the management of quality, cost and time, it is also crucial for the construction works to be carried out safely without any accident. This course will cover the risk assessment and safety management of construction works, to provide a safe environment for all personnel working on site. The trainer will also share with the course participants the learning points from past cases of worksite accidents.
This one-day course will cover the essential project management skills that an Engineer / RTO / Project Manager must possess so that he is able to manage construction projects competently and safely. In addition, this course will also briefly touch on the skill sets required for managing projects overseas, particularly in China.
1. Introduction to Project Management for construction projects
2. Schedule Management and Cost Management for construction projects
3. Management of design process for Structural, Architectural and M&E works
4. The Workplace Safety and Health (Design for Safety) Regulations
5. Learning points from past cases of construction site accidents
6. Safety management of construction sites
7. Effective Quality Management to prevent Safety Issues during construction and operation
8. Effective supervision of construction works on site
9. Best Practices for site supervision of structural works
10. Risk assessment of construction sites
11. Managing construction projects in China
Please click HERE for more course information & manual registration form.
**Skills Future Credit (SFC) and Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) Funding **
** Must read Information for SFC/UTAP claim, please click HERE**
3 STU (Structural) /2 STU (Safety) / 7 SDU / 7 PDU
||Ms Verline Chiam
|COORDINATOR CONTACT NO.:
||(DID) 64604241, (MAIN LINE) 64639211
Course Fees is inclusive of GST, course materials, 1 lunch and light snacks during 2 teabreaks.
Certificate of Attendance will be given to participants with 100% attendance and full course fee payment made.
For all individual paying participants (not sponsored by company), Must make payment 1 week before course date.
If payment is via cheque, the cheque should be made payable to ENGINEERS SINGAPORE PTE LTD
Yet to be allocated