The Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical) has been implemented since 2007. The paper aims to examine candidates on their proficiency in the practice of mechanical engineering at a professional level. Candidates are expected to have a good knowledge of the regulatory requirements and practices in Singapore. In particular, knowledge is required in the areas of regulatory framework, submission and approval procedures, statutory acts and regulations, practice guidelines and codes of practices.
The course aim to equip participants and interested parties on the knowledge in the field of: Lifting and Vertical Transportation Systems which is one of the topics in the syllabus of the PPE Examinations Part 2. Salient points and working knowledge of the relevant regulations, by-laws, Acts and accepted/approved codes of practices, circulars issued by the Authorities will be covered in this preparation course.
- Preparations for the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical)
- Salient points of SS 595- Part 3: Code of practice for the selection, use, care and maintenance of steel wire ropes for hoisting
- Salient points of SS 536: Code of practice for the safe use of mobile cranes
- Salient points of SS 559: Code of Practice for safe use of tower cranes
- Salient points of CP 617: Code of Practice for the lifting of persons in work platforms suspended from cranes
- Working examples from past questions from the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical)
- Regulatory requirements for lifts and escalators in Singapore
- Salient points of SS 626: Code of Practice for design and maintenance of escalators and moving walks
- Salient points of SS 550: Code of Practice for safe installation, operations and maintenance of electric passenger and goods lifts
- Salient points of EN 81:41: Safety rules for the construction and installation of lifts – Special lifts for the transport of persons and goods. Vertical lifting platforms intended for use by persons with impaired mobility
- BCA circulars related and relevant to lifts and escalators
- Accessibility Code – Context: Lifts
- Introduction to Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act
- WSH(General Provisions) Regulations, WSH(Risk Management) Regulations and WSH(Operations of Cranes) Regulations
- Building Maintenance and Strata Management (Lifts, Escalators and Building Maintenance) Regulations 2016
- Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) for Safe Lifting Operations at the Workplace
Please click HERE for the Flyer
Union Training Assistance Programme(UTAP) and SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) - Approved
24 CETs- Confirmed
- Fee inclusive of GST, Course Materials and meals
- Meals 2 Coffee Breaks & 1 Lunch
3. Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance.
4. If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to "Engineers Singapore Pte Ltd"
5. Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated