1) UTAP - In Application, Subject to Approval
2) This course is NOT SFC Funded
3) 2 STU(Safety) & 6 STU(Structural) - Confirmed
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM LEARNING using Zoom Webinar
Prior to attending this course, you should:
- Have a PC / laptop / tablet / smart phone with built-in or external webcam.
- Installed the zoom client
- Have Wi-Fi / high speed internet connection available.
- Receive an email with a link for you to submit a registration for webinar 1 week prior to the commencement.
- Receive an email with a link and password for you to join the webinar session after your registration is successful.
Impact onto existing bridge within the influence zone of construction works and special ground conditions (Structural, 6 Hours)
The purpose of the course is to provide an understanding of the possible impact onto bridge structures within the influence zones of the construction works and special ground conditions.
The course is useful and relevant to developers, contractors, project managers, site supervisors, Resident Engineers, Resident Technical Officers and Civil and Structural Engineers who involve in civil engineering works
- A brief introduction to common bridge types and elements
- Basic instrumentation and monitoring to the bridge
- Types of works affecting the bridge with case studies
- Types of special ground conditions affecting the bridge with case
- Structural Impact assessment to the bridge
- Actions and Mitigation measures
Profile of Trainer
Boon Fei is a registered Singapore Professional Engineer. She has won a Design and Engineering Safety Excellence Award from Building Construction Authority for her Sentosa Boardwalk Project and ACES Excellence Design Award for Keppel Viaduct Widening.
She acts as Qualified Person (Permanent Work Design), Professional Engineer and Superintending Officer for several Singapore infrastructure projects.
Boon Fei has 24 years of engineering design and project management experiences relating to bridges, underground cut and cover tunnels, marine infrastructures, buildings (low and high rise residential, industrial commercial), process and chemical plants (oil/gas/chemical complexes and odour treatment plant) and major temporary works in Singapore and overseas
Effective Chemical Risk Assessment and Management at Worksite (Safety, 4 hours)
The objective of this module is to inculcate Effective Chemical Risk Assessment and Management mindsets through lectures, interactive sharing and group discussions. The module will increase awareness of effective risk assessment procedures dealing with chemicals and the management approaches within a construction worksite, enabling participants to better manage chemical safety on site.
- Legislative Requirements for Risk Assessment and Management at worksite
- Understanding Chemical Risk Assessment (CRA)
- Developing Chemical Risk Register, Control Measures, Safe Operating Procedure
- Control of Chemical Safety Related Works & Documentation
This course will benefit Construction Stakeholders (especially Resident Engineers, Resident Technical Officers and Resident Architects) involved in supervising the construction work.
Profile of Trainer
Associate Professor, Dr. SIN Siang-Meng, Ivan is currently the program chair professor for the MSc (Safety, Health & Environmental Technology) with the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore. As a certified and experienced emergency operation commander, crisis-emergency planner, fire-explosion Investigator, business continuity practitioner, Dr. SIN comes with more than 28 years of experience in government services and industry practices with the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Consultant Firm as Head (Hazardous Materials Program), Assistant Director (Crisis & Contingency Planning), Regional Head (EHSS & Business Resilience), and Consultant to projects. His areas of interest are in organization & business resilience, enterprise risk & resource management, corporate crisis and emergency management, business continuity & recovery management, workplace safety & health management, and chemical & process safety management. He is actively involved in various capacities with professional organizations such as the Fire Safety Managers’ Association of Singapore (FSMAS), Society of Loss Prevention for Process Industries (SLP), Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE-UK), Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE-UK), Association of Company Emergency Response Teams Singapore (A-CERTS), and Technical Committee/Workgroups of ESG Singapore.
Please click HERE For Flyer
- UTAP - In Application, Pending for Approval
- This course is NOT SFC funded
2 STU(Safety) & 6 STU(Structural) - Confirmed
10 SDU - To Be Confirmed
10 PDU - Confirmed
||6463 9211 / 64611239
1. Fee inclusive of GST & e-Course Materials
2. e-Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance.
3. If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to :"IES Academy Pte Ltd" and mail to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
4. Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated