This course gets the participants to understand the basics of erosion and sedimentation measures to reduce turbidity in construction site water runoff to meet PUB requirements. Participants will be learnt about the quantitative methods for determination of erosion control and sedimentation as well as procedures to create an ECM Plan for typical construction sites. Participants will also be learnt about how to incorporate inspection and maintenance aspects of erosion control and sedimentation measures into an ECM Plan.
• Understand the legislation related to earth control measures for construction sites.
• Know the role of Qualified Erosion Control Professionals in construction industry
• Understand the basic concepts of erosion control
• Know how to calculate soil loss for construction sites and concentration of total suspended solids in water leaving construction sites
• Understand the basic concepts of sediment control
• Know how to design basic sedimentation containment system
• Understand how to use Best Management Practices for earth control measures to create an ECM plan
• Know the procedures for inspection, monitoring and maintenance of earth control measures and how to incorporate into an ECM plan
• Understand how to test the concentration of total suspended solids in water leaving a construction site.
Target Audience: Professional Engineers (Civil)
The professional course on erosion control will lead to accreditation of professional engineers as Qualified Erosion Control Professionals (QECPs).
The duties and responsibilities of a QECP include designing erosion and sedimentation control measures in construction sites and preparing plans. Submission plans to PUB shall be submitted by a registered QECP.
Please click HERE for course flyer.
Please click HERE to submit registration.
||SkillFuture SG (SSG) and Skillsfuture Credit (SFC)
||24 PDU & 24 CEng (PDU) (To be confirmed)
|Coordinator Contact no.:
Fees inclusive 8% GST & course materials.
Classroom training is limited to 30 participants.
Certificate of successful completion will be issued to participants who achieved 75% attendance & pass for all the quizzes and project work.
Course code: TGS-2022013958
SSG Fund and eligibility criteria
1. Payment type: - Nett Fee
2. Training organization name: -IES ACADEMY PTE LTD
3. Course Fee and Absentee Payroll Funding and eligibility please click here.
4. Trainee must have achieved at least 75% attendance.
5. The trainee must have sat for and passes all the assessments or the trainee will have to pay back the funded amount to the training provider if the assessment result is “Not Yet Competent”.
6. For participants under self-sponsor please approach the course coordinator for more information on Skillsfuture SG (SSG) Fund and SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Fund.
7. Training provider will submit the grant application via SSG Training Provider Gateway.
8. You may click here for Terms and Conditions for funding.
Yet to be allocated