The Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical) has been implemented since 2007. The paper aims to examine candidates on their proficiency in the practice of mechanical engineering at a professional level. Candidates are expected to have a good knowledge of the regulatory requirements and practices in Singapore. In particular, knowledge is required in the areas of regulatory frameworks, submission and approval procedures, statutory acts and regulations, practice guidelines and codes of practices.
The course aims to equip participants and interested parties with knowledge in the field of: Pressure Vessels and steam piping, which are two of the topics in the syllabus of the PPE Examinations Part 2. Salient points and working knowledge of the relevant regulations, by-laws, Acts and accepted/approved codes of practices, circulars issued by the Authorities will be covered in this preparatory course.
1st session (3.5hrs)
- Preparation for the Practice of Professional Engineering Examination Part 2 (Mechanical)
- Salient points of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- MOM regulations for Statutory Pressure Vessels
2nd Session (3.5hrs)
- Salient points of ASME Section II Part D on materials and its properties
- Salient points of ASME Section VIII Division 1 on design consideration
- Salient points of ASME Section VIII Division 1 on fabrication
- Salient points of ASME Section VIII Division 1 on welding Work examples
3rd Session (3.5hrs)
- MOM regulations for steam piping
- Salient points of ASME B31.1: ASME Code for power piping
- Salient points of ASME B31.3: ASME Code for process piping Work examples
Profile of Trainer
Er. Victor Tan
B.Eng (Hons) - Mechanical Engineering
Professional Engineer (Mechanical Engineering)
CSWIP 3.1 – Welding Inspector – Level 2
Er. Victor Tan is currently a Principal Engineer at CASY Engineering Consultancy Pte Ltd. He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the National University of Singapore in 2014. Er. Tan has about over 8 years of experience in the area of pressure vessels and steam piping.
After graduation, he joined ABSG Consulting Inc., which is a third-party inspection body as a Technical Representative where he undertakes the third party certification of pressure vessel and steam piping fabrications. Furthermore, he is also involved in the works relating to MOM steam piping and statutory pressure vessels on various projects.
Subsequently, he joined CASY Engineering Consultancy Pte Ltd, where he handles M&E consultancy for building services, conducts inspections for Gas pipelines, Amusement Rides, Lifts & Escalators and Fire Certification. Together with the SPE in pressure vessels, He handles the design calculations and design review of pressure vessels and steam piping, involved in statutory inspections for pressure vessels and steam piping as well as carrying out fitness for service assessment on in-service press
Please click HERE for the flyer
UTAP - Funded
This course is SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) Funded TGS-2022013838
9 PDU - To Be Confirmed
|6463 9211 / 6461 1239 (DID)
- Fee inclusive of GST and Materials.
- Certificate of Attendance will be given to PAID participants with 100% attendance.
- If payment via Cheque, should be made payable to :"IES Academy Pte Ltd " and mail to 80 Jurong East Street 21, #04-10, Devan Nair Institute For Employment and Employability, Singapore 609607
- Limited Seats Only - Please register early to avoid Disappointment
Yet to be allocated